CAMPING GUIDELINES AND RULES
DECLARATION OF COVENANTS, CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS; ARTICLE VII Section 10. Committee Control of Camping. The Committee shall have the power to grant camping privileges on Parcels to Owners, Dependents and Guests of either of them, provided the Owner or Dependent applies to the Committee either in writing or in person and satisfies the Committee that the Parcel to be so used will not be left littered with trash or waste and that such camping will not create a fire hazard to such Parcel or to Forbes Wagon Creek Ranch as a whole.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND CAMPING RULES:
- No open disposal of human waste is permitted. (In accordance with Colorado State Law)
- If a septic tank is not available onsite, RVs/Camper human waste must be property disposed of at an RV dump station (Blanca RV park or Ft Garland Ute Creek RV Park).
- ATV’s, motorcycles, go-carts, and similar sport vehicles must be kept on the roads at all times.
- Driving off roads is only allowed on your own property.
- Noise must be kept to a practical minimum during nighttime hours.
- Pets must be kept under control and are not allowed on other owners’ property.
- Outdoor fires and campfires require a fire pit with a spark arresting screen.
- All outside fires must be at least 3 feet away from dry brush, branches, or combustible materials.
- All fires must be totally extinguished when a campsite is not occupied.
- State or county fire restrictions may be in force during dry conditions. Posted signs and warnings must be strictly adhered to.
- All trash shall be disposed of or removed in a sanitary manner. Trash dumpsters are located on Merlo Road either by the railroad gate (winter) or by the storage lot (summer).
APPROVED CATEGORIES OF CAMPING
- Vacation and Hunting: Property owners wishing to camp on teir parcel for more than 3 consecutive nights are required to submit a camping permit request. The camping permit is good for up to four (4) consecutive weeks. On request to the ECC and additional four (4) week extension may be granted. All RV/campers and tents must be removed from your lot when you depart from your parcel.
- Construction: A camping permit may be granted to an owner for use by himself or a builder/contractor during active construction at FWCR. This permit allows a tent or trailer to remain on the property while construction is ongoing for up to 12 months, coinciding with the dates on the construction permit. This permit can be renewed when you renew your building permit.
- Association contractors: entities such as security companies, fire mitigation services, fencing crews, etc. performing multi-day projects on behalf of FWCR Owners association should apply for, and may be granted a Camping Permit to allow a tent or trailer to remain on the Association property if needed during the time the service is being performed.
CAMPING PERMIT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
To apply for a Camping Permit, log in/register as a ranch owner at https://www.fwcroa.com and navigate to the links below:
Camping Permit (Vacation/Hunting)
Camping Permit (Construction)
Camping Permit (FWCROA Contractors)
For any questions, contact the ECC at [email protected]