The Roads Committee is responsible for the maintenance of our 78 mile road network. The Forbes Wagon Creek ROA does not provide plowing service during the winter months. Please refer to the detailed winter access information on this page for further information.
|Andy Kuehler||Assistant Director|
|Steve Johnson||Assistant Director|
The Forbes Wagon Creek ROA does not provide plowing service during the winter months. Access to most properties is by snow mobile, tracked vehicle and snow depth permitting, 4 wheel drive vehicles.
Individual Landowners and their Contractors may request permission from the Board of directors to plow on the roads indicated on the map below. Landowners and their Contractors who are given permission to plow must adhere to the plowing rules for Landowners or contractors as applicable.
Rules for Landowners Desiring to Plow FWCR Roads
Note 1: These Rules are in addition to the regulations pertaining to road use contained in the CC&Rs.
Note 2: The term “plowing” is used in a generic mode and means snow removal; it does not necessarily refer only to the use of a snow plow.
1. Roads may only be plowed on those indicated on the attached map, after prior notification of the Association.
2. In order to avoid damage to the gravel base of the road, snow may only be removed down to a depth of 3 to 4 inches.
3. Plowing must be performed in such a way that vehicles with snow mobile trailers can drive to the end of the plowed stretch, turn around, unload their snow mobiles and park there.
4. Plowing methods and frequency that causes the roads to be left in a condition that makes it impossible for either 4x4 wheeled vehicles or on-top-of-snow travel are not allowed. i.e. one time plow-outs of deep compacted snow.
5. Violations of the Rules by Landowners may result in a fine of up to $1000.00.
Rules for Contractors authorized to plow FWCR roads
Note: The term “plowing” is used in a generic mode and means snow removal; it does not necessarily refer only to the use of a snow plow.
1. A contractor must be authorized by the Association before plowing roads in FWCR and must notify the Association before actual plowing.
2. Plowing will only be allowed on the roads indicated on the attached map.
3. Authorized Contractors will be contacted by landowners directly and will contract with individual landowners without Association involvement. The Association will not be responsible for services performed by contractors.
4. Snow must be plowed from the road edges and into the ditches. In order to avoid damage to the roads by run-off in spring, care has to be taken to transfer the snow to the down-hill side rather than to the up-hill side of the road . There may be situations where snow blowers are more practical than plows.
5. Snow may only be removed down to a depth of 3” to 4”, i.e. a road must not be plowed down to the gravel.
6. Plowing must be performed in such a way that cars with snow mobile trailers can drive to the end of the plowed stretch, turn around, unload their snow mobiles and park there.
7. Violations of the Rules by the contractor may result in de-certification and fine.